The Fertility Law Group is a dedicated practice within Warshaw Burstein’s Matrimonial and Family Law department and offers comprehensive legal representation with respect to parentage deriving from surrogacy and other assisted reproduction arrangements. The group’s members have been at the forefront of this developing area of law in New York that has recently been revolutionized by the Child-Parent Security Act (CPSA).
Having had a direct hand in the CPSA’s development, the group’s members are already able to advise intended parents, surrogates, and others about their rights and protections under these new laws—from advising on the use of donor gametes or embryos to transferring dispositional control over jointly created embryos to preparing gestational surrogacy agreements that meet statutory requirements. Just as Warshaw Burstein’s other practices, the Fertility Law Group is at the front of this expanding field.
Some of Our Services
- Egg, Sperm, and Embryo Donation Agreements
- Gestational Surrogacy Agreements
- Embryo Disposition Agreements
- Co-Parenting Agreements
- Obtain Judgments of Parentage securing the legal relationships between the Intended Parents and children conceived through Assisted Reproduction or born with the assistance of Gestational Surrogates
- Obtain birth certificates that name Intended Parents as the legal parents of children conceived through Assisted Reproduction or born with the assistance of Gestational Surrogates
- Petitions for adoption when necessary for legal recognition of parentage
- Advice throughout the IVF clinical process
- Support for Intended Parents with referrals to providers and professional services to assist in the family-building process
- Represent and support Donors and Gestational Surrogates with referrals to providers and professional services
Click here for our FERTILITY SITE