Our art law practice covers a wide range of art-related issues, including:
- Negotiating art sales with auction houses, dealers and galleries
- Drafting and enforcing pledge agreements with museums
- Structuring lifetime gifts of art for charitable and non-charitable purposes
- Using family-owned entities to manage art collections and to achieve estate planning objectives
- Undertaking authentication issues
- Administration of artworks owned by estates, including valuation for tax and other purposes, sales and loans of artworks and allocation of artworks among beneficiaries
We represent gallery owners, curators, art dealers, artists and collectors in connection with business operations and other art-related activities pertaining to contracts, copyrights, financing, authentication, insurance and title.
When appropriate, we call on our litigators to help resolve art-related disputes.