EDUCATIONCornell University, B.A., 2009
New York University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
Representative Matters of Leron Thumim
- Represented the Federal Housing Finance Agency as conservator for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in a series of securities fraud suits against leading investment banks, in which Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac ultimately recovered tens of billions of dollars.
- Won a post-asset acquisition working capital adjustment arbitration on behalf of a large multinational company, obtaining an award of approximately $74 million plus arbitration fees.
- Obtained dismissal of legal malpractice claims on behalf of a Canadian law firm.
- Represented former high-level sales manager and others in claims by global insurance broker seeking temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction alleging violation of non-competition and customer non-¬solicitation agreements.
- Defeated applications for preliminary injunctions against former employees and their new employers pursuant to non-competition and customer non-solicitation agreements (various jurisdictions).
- Won release of a levy on investment property by a judgment creditor, on behalf of a first-secured creditor (Maryland Federal Court).
- Represented former chairman of for-profit private college in claims brought by labor union to enforce arbitration award against now bankrupt college; obtained dismissal on motion to dismiss of all but one claim. Represented same client and for-profit private college against claims brought by various merchant lenders seeking to collect on loans; obtained dismissal of claims on motion.
- Accepted a district court’s request to represent an inmate (pro bono) at Sing Sing Correctional Facility in a § 1983 prisoner civil rights case that alleged violations of the inmate’s Sixth Amendment right to be free from cruel and usual punishment. Ultimately secured necessary medical treatment for the inmate, along with a favorable, five-figure settlement.
- Successfully represented a parolee (pro bono) in a parole revocation hearing, securing treatment for the parolee in lieu of years of re-incarceration.
- Supervised large-scale discovery projects and document reviews involving hundreds of contract attorneys and millions of documents.
- Handled logistics of an offensive discovery effort that included over 500 depositions.