PRACTICESBanking and Finance
Corporate and Securities
Consumer Financial Services Litigation and Compliance
EDUCATIONNew York University, B.S., 1991
Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1995
- 1996, New York
Stephen W. Semian
Representative Matters of Stephen W. Semian
- Represented client in the multi-million dollar sale of environmental technology business in exchange for cash and stock in the acquiring company.
- Represented sellers in connection with the sale of a large regional wholesale and retail automotive parts and supplies business.
- Represented financial institutions in the issuance of secured revolving credit and loan facilities in excess of $300 million for the U.S. subsidiaries of various Israeli companies.
- Represented client in the creation and operation of a funding entity for a multi-million dollar arbitration proceeding.
- Advised on the structuring and closing of loans in excess of $150 million under the “Loan to Attorneys Program” for law firms in over ten states, designed to assist large regional plaintiff’s firms in managing irregular cash flows.
- Represented seller in the multi-million dollar sale of a pharmaceutical development, manufacturing and distribution business.
- Represented buyers of an $18.4 million Dassault-Breguet Falcon 900 and Gulfstream Aerospace GIVSP aircraft.
- Structured and closed the simultaneous sale and purchase of helicopters as an IRS section 1031 “like-kind exchange.”
- Assisted buyer in the purchase and subsequent foreign commercial registration of a Codecasa Motor Yacht.
- Represented client in connection with the purchase, assignment and assumption of property held by a debtor in possession under chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Advised client with its registration with the SEC as an “exempt reporting adviser.”
- Advised fund in the structuring and closing of an acquisition loan for an institutional trader of environmental credits.