New York State Announces 2022 Medicaid Levels01/07/2022
Warshaw Burstein, LLP provides sophisticated and cost-effective Elder Law services available to seniors and individuals with disabilities. We take an individualized approach and collaborate with their care team to understand our clients’ circumstances and personal goals. We then discuss the applicable laws and formulate a strategy with our client to obtain the care that is needed while protecting their assets. We take great pride in creating creative solutions that work.
- The standard monthly premium for Medicare Part B enrollees will be $170.10 for 2022
- Medicaid Resource Level for an individual $16,800
- Medicaid Resource Level for a married couple $24,600
- The Medicaid Income Level for an individual is $934
- The Medicaid Income Level for a married couple is $1,367
- Surplus Income for Home Care can be directed to a pooled income trust
- Net Available Monthly Income for Institutional Care goes to the Nursing Home over $50
- The SSI resource levels remain $2,000 for individuals and $3,000 for couples.
- The Maximum federal Community Spouse Resource Allowance is $137,400. New York is a Maximum State
- The community spouse Minimum Monthly Maintenance Needs Allowance (MMMNA) is $3,435.
- The home equity limit for Medicaid coverage of nursing facility services and community-based long-term care is $955,000.