Title IX and College Discipline
EDUCATIONSyracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2006
Syracuse University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
- 2007, New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Kimberly C. Lau
Ms. Lau concentrates her practice on Title IX actions, college disciplinary matters and commercial litigation.Her experience includes state and federal practice, trials, arbitrations, mediations and appeals. She has represented numerous students in proceedings to combat gender discrimination at major colleges and universities and regularly serves in a critical advisory role during student disciplinary proceedings. In addition, Ms. Lau handles intra-company disputes among partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies in the hospitality, energy and real estate industries.
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York Women's Bar Association
- Families Advocating for Campus Equality (FACE) - Board of Advisors for FACE
- National Association of Professional Women
- Asian Women in Business
- Syracuse University Law Alumni Association - Board Member
- Nesenoff & Miltenberg, LLP, Associate
- On September 29, 2020, Kimberly C. Lau and members of the firm’s Title IX and College Disciplinary Matters practice presented a New York State Bar Association webinar titled, “A New Era For Title IX: An Overview Of The Department Of Education’s New Regulations.”
- Kimberly C. Lau participated in Syracuse University College of Law’s alumni weekend as part of a panel of alumnae hosted by the Women’s Law Student Association on September 24, 2020.
- On August 20, 2020, Kimberly C. Lau was a featured panelist on a virtual alumni panel for her alma mater, Syracuse University School of Law, where she spoke to students in the school’s JDi program.
- On August 3, 2020, Kimberly C. Lau presented a Lawline CLE on “The Future of Title IX Under the Department of Education’s New Regulations.”
- Kimberly C. Lau spoke at a New York County Lawyers' Association/Westchester County Bar Association CLE program on “What Schools Need to Know About The New Title IX Regulations” on July 30, 2020.
- Kimberly C. Lau co-presented a continuing legal education course, “The Proposed OCR Regulations: What’s New” at the Fifth Annual Symposium on Representing Accused Students on April 5, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
- Kimberly C. Lau co-presented a continuing legal education course, “Handling the School Investigative Process” at the Fourth Annual Symposium on Representing Accused Students on Friday, March 23, 2018 Washington, D.C.
- Kimberly C. Lau was a featured speaker at the 2nd Annual Title IX ExecuSummit in Connecticut on July 25, 2017.
- Kimberly C. Lau was a featured speaker in a panel discussion on “Raising the Bar: Creating a Legal Path,” sponsored by Asian Women in Business and held on April 19, 2017.
- Kimberly Lau served as a lead speaker for continuing legal education program, "Navigating Due Process and Title IX Issues in Campus Sexual Assault Procedures," sponsored by Lycurgus Group, LLC.
PODCASTSFeatured as a guest attorney on the WB Perspectives podcast series. View podcasts
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars (2014 - 2020)