EDUCATIONDuke University, B.A., 2003
Fordham University, School of Law, J.D., 2006
- 2007, New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Mr. Breed is a member of the firm’s real estate and litigation groups.
Mr. Breed represents businesses and individuals in real estate and commercial matters, with a focus on guiding strategy for real estate portfolios and interests. Property owners, operators, and developers, as well as tenants consistently call upon him when confronted by difficult or novel issues—be they control, ownership, business, or lease disputes, rent-regulatory questions, or otherwise. Mr. Breed is also known for his expertise concerning New York’s Loft Law and represents both loft owners and occupants before the New York City Loft Board and in other forums.
Mr. Breed’s notable representations include:
- Serving as outside counsel for operator of more than 50 Manhattan properties and as personal counsel for that company’s principals.
- Obtaining decisive ruling in “business divorce” involving the LLC owner of a West Village property and advising on all aspects of the spinoff transaction.
- Representing property owner and manager in all matters arising from the effective destruction, by arson, of a tenanted mixed-use property.
- Advising on the redevelopment of three downtown Manhattan sites from pre-purchase due diligence through project commencement.
- Defending a sculptor and college professor from harassing litigation intended to drive her from her live-work loft.
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars (2016 - 2021)