Title IX and College Disciplinary Matters
EDUCATIONSyracuse University College of Law, J.D., 2006
Syracuse University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2003
- 2007, New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Kimberly C. Lau
Ms. Lau concentrates her practice on Title IX actions, college disciplinary matters and commercial litigation.Her experience includes state and federal practice, trials, arbitrations, mediations and appeals. She has represented numerous students in proceedings to combat gender discrimination at major colleges and universities and regularly serves in a critical advisory role during student disciplinary proceedings. In addition, Ms. Lau handles intra-company disputes among partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies in the hospitality, energy and real estate industries.
Click here for our TITLE IX SITE
- New York County Lawyers Association
- New York Women's Bar Association
- Families Advocating for Campus Equality (FACE) - Board of Advisors Member
- National Association of Professional Women
- Asian Women in Business
- Syracuse University Law Alumni Association - Board Member
- Nesenoff & Miltenberg, LLP, Associate
- Kimberly C. Lau, chair of Warshaw Burstein’s Title IX/College Discipline practice, co-presented a continuing legal education course, “Handling the School Investigative Process” at the Fourth Annual Symposium on Representing Accused Students held on Friday, March 23, 2018 Washington, D.C.
- Ms. Lau was a featured speaker at a two-day conference, 2nd Annual Title IX ExecuSummit, in Connecticut on July 25, 2017. Ms. Lau shared her insights from her experience in handling over 100 Title IX cases with Title IX administrators, and discussed the advantages of restorative justice in college discipline.
- Warshaw Burstein partner, Kimberly C. Lau, was a featured speaker in a panel discussion entitled Raising the Bar: Creating a Legal Path, sponsored by Asian Women in Business and held at a national law firm on April 19, 2017. AWIB is a non-profit organization that assists Asian women entrepreneurs and professionals.
- Lead speaker for continuing legal education program, "Navigating Due Process and Title IX Issues in Campus Sexual Assault Procedures," sponsored by Lycurgus Group, LLC, October 2014.
PODCASTSFeatured as a guest attorney on the WB Perspectives podcast series. View podcasts
- Super Lawyers New York Metro Rising Stars (2014 - 2018)