EDUCATIONUniversity of New Mexico, B.A., magna cum laude, phi beta kappa
Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
Mr. Hack is a member of the firm’s real estate and litigation groups.
Mr. Hack has extensive experience in state and federal commercial litigation, especially with matters involving real estate assets. Mr. Hack brings to bear expertise in disputes involving all aspects of the real estate industry – from landlord and tenant, to net-lessor and net-lessee, to buyer and seller, to contract vendor and vendee, to condominiums and cooperatives, to name but a few.
Mr. Hack’s notable professional accomplishments include:
- Successfully defending multinational not-for-profit organization in complex multidistrict litigations in the Southern District of New York stemming from the 9/11 attacks.
- Guiding and advising a foreign government investing in New York real estate.
- Successfully defending a net-lessee against claims made by its landlord and net-lessor for millions of dollars allegedly due under a net lease.
- Securing a seven-figure settlement on behalf of property owner to conclude breach of contract and fraudulent conveyance actions against a lessee.
- Successfully defending a mortgage holder against an effort by a major financial institution to have the conveyance through which the client obtained the mortgage declared fraudulent and void.
- Securing an appellate victory on behalf of one of the largest landlords in the New York area, against a shell company tenant and its parent company.
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Member, New York City Commission on City Marshals
- Co-founder and Board Member, Association of Muslim American Lawyers
- Board Member, Muslim American Society
- Super Lawyers New York Metro (2019 - 2021)