Corporate and Securities
Entertainment and Media
EDUCATIONUnion College, B.A., 1969
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1972
Murray D. Schwartz
Mr. Schwartz combines over 20 years’ experience in the corporate area with 15 years’ experience as a chief operating officer of a $700,000,000 media company.He serves several companies as their regular corporate counsel and provides advice on myriad issues, including real estate, employment, trademark and copyright licensing. In addition, Mr. Schwartz counsels his operating company clients in connection with mergers and acquisitions, and his real estate clients on financings of both debt and equity transactions. He represents designer, sports figure and entertainment clients on trademark and copyright issues. Mr. Schwartz works very closely with clients, typically becoming involved at the earliest states of transactions, thereby facilitating more successful outcomes.
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Partner
- Herrick Feinstein LLP, Of Counsel
- Participated in panel presentation for various private equity firms and family offices on the use and effectiveness of unfunded sponsors
- February 2010, Sentinel Capital Seminars in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Irvine, February 2010
- Presentation on changes in Securities Exchange Act of 1934 Proxy Rules. May 2011
- Editor, New York University Law Review
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell with a rating of 5.0 out of 5.0.
- Served for 12 years as a Village Justice on Long Island
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated