PRACTICESCorporate and Securities
Joint Ventures, Mergers and Acquisitions
Private Equity and Private Funds
Financing and Debt Restructuring
EDUCATIONBoston University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1987
Northwestern University, B.A. 1984
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, Women's Director Development Program (Kellogg Executive Leadership Institute), 2010
- 1999, New York
- 1999, Washington, D.C.
- 1987, California (inactive)
Lori Anne Czepiel
Ms. Czepiel counsels companies, boards, executives, investors, entrepreneurs, family offices and funds on business, fiduciary, governance, activism, strategy, regulatory compliance, risk management, litigation/dispute resolution, executive compensation, intellectual property, entity formation, US expansion, corporate, securities and SEC issues. She has over 25 years of sophisticated experience leading M&A transactions, private equity investments, joint ventures, reorganizations, financings, initial public offerings, securities and other capital raising transactions. She handles transactions from millions of dollars to large middle market deals.A substantial portion of Ms. Czepiel’s practice involves general business counseling. She acts as outside general counsel to clients, providing practical guidance on commercial, compliance, contract and risk management issues in close collaboration with lawyers in other practice areas (including real estate, finance, tax and litigation). Ms. Czepiel's straightforward business-oriented perspective in part derives from in-house experience as acting General Counsel for a global computer products distribution company, and as a member of the boards of directors of several international nonprofit businesses.
Ms. Czepiel also has deep experience with cross-border transactions and businesses spanning 50 countries in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Canada.
Previously Ms. Czepiel was a partner with an international law firm. She frequently is invited to speak and write about corporate, governance, securities and other topics (for example, PLI, New York City Bar, American Management Association, S&P, ABA, WestLegal Ed).
- Member, M&A Committee, New York City Bar (1998 - 2007)
- Member, Emerging Companies Committee, New York City Bar (2015 - 2016)
- Negotiated Acquisitions Committee of the ABA Business Law Section, Public Companies Task Force; contributor to the Model Public Company Merger Agreement published by the ABA (1997-2015)
- Sidley Austin, Partner
- Skadden Arps, Counsel
- Perkins Coie, Partner
- Lewis Brisbois, Partner and co-head of firmwide Corporate Practice
- The Joyce Theater Foundation, Trustee
- Midori & Friends Foundation, Board of Directors
- The Women's Campaign School at Yale University
- Northwestern University International Alumni Association: elected to Board of Directors and as Executive Vice President; appointed Regent